Another Access Import Problem Cause To Avoid

I just discovered another thing that will cause an import problem when importing data from Excel to Access. I had a formula that was using an if statement to apply a multiplier to a column of numbers – like ‘=if(a1<>””,a1*b1,””)’ I did it to avoid the extra step of sorting the data to handle just the rows where there was data in a1. However, while the formula seem to yield an empty cell it didn’t really and I couldn’t import. When I went back and deleted it from the cells that were supposed to empty (where the else clause of the if statement would have been in effect) I found the import error went away.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s