You may remember a post I put up a while back about a small computer cart / table I made a prototype of a while back:
I had a request for more pictures of the computer table/cart prototype, so here ya go:
Well, post kids, the cart just doesn’t work very well in our living room. It’s just too much of a magnet for our daughters, and that makes it pretty hard to use!
Since there was a lot of interest in it, I thought I’d see if anyone would like to buy it. I will be posting more pics of details, but here’s some to get started:
- It’s made of solid hard maple with one piece of birch plywood. It’s pretty strong – I put my feet up on it all the time. I wouldn’t sit on it though. Mortise and tenon joinery was used on the legs, biscuits or dados were used otherwise.
- The remote holder is screwed on, and is removable. It could be set on a table or hung on a wall, for that matter.
- The outlet strip is included.
- It’s unfinished aside from a very light coat of , and has a few stains from drinks being left on it. Nothing major, but it could use some sanding.
- If you remove the remote holder (which makes the cart a little tippy when it’s empty) there will be 3 screw holes in the back wall.
- I had to wrap electrical tape over the zip ties I used to tie the outlet strip down, which might require some solvent to remove completely.
- You’ll need a square drive screw driver to put it together – but I’ll send the appropriate hex bit to the buyer.
- The cart will not be a very large package, but it will be large – I’d estimate shipping (buyer pays) to be $25+ to the US.
- Payment is via paypal, in US Dollars.
I’d like to auction this item, but I’d also like to avoid Ebay because of their many fees.
Anyone have any suggestions? If not, why not simply comment with your bid, and/or any questions? I will let the bidding go until midnight, central standard time on May 5th.