In the past I’ve blasted WTT but I think this site was a brilliant thing to do. The print industry needs to embrace new media, and working to bring the CEOs to the table is a great step. Print will not find ways to leverage this technology until they understand it from a user’s perspective. So making more users is a good thing.
A few things they need to consider for the future:
- You’ve got a list of the contributing authors on the side – how about making those links to the posts by those authors? WordPress will do it.
- Categories – you’re going to end up wanting them anyway, and they’ll make older content much easier to find than search alone.
- How about graphs of various industry stats in the sidebar? You can get the software to do it here, you can see how I use it on my run log here.
- New media = user participation and the formation of a conversation. The really golden value will be in the user comments – how about a recent comments block on a sidebar, or most read comment, most commented post, etc.
- I know there aren’t many industry blogs out there, but how about a link list?
Thanks for bringing it to us!