Baby Crib Progress, #7

I actually wiped on the first coat of varnish on Sunday, and the second coat tonight. I’m not taking any pictures because everything is still just a pile of sticks. I’m no fool – it’s much easier to varnish things before they’re put together.

Saturday was quite productive, and I finished all the cutting and joinery, test fit enough pieces to make sure everything was going to go together ok, and then started sanding. Later I got to the store to pick up a gallon of General Finish’s Wipe-on Poly Urethane, gloves and whatnot. I never manage to keep that stuff on hand – finishes are always going bad in my basement. I learned a long time ago the only thing worse than the wrong finish is stuff that’s too old to use properly.

So, it’s another coat each day this week, and then some assembly on Saturday, and a few more coats after that.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s